Old School Trends
Here are some old school trends you may be familiar with! Maybe they are in your house currently … ?
- Walk-in showers:
- More and more people reaching retirement are deciding to stay in their current home rather than relocating. As a result, we are seeing an increase in remodeling for easier mobility.
- Quartz countertops:
- Granite has been king for many years, and will continue to remain a popular choice. However, quartz is gaining momentum. It is extremely durable and non-porous, meaning that food and liquid won’t stick to its surface (making cleanup easy). It is also available in a variety of colors and does not need to be sealed.
- Custom Built-ins:
- As families decide to remain in one house for longer than they did in the past, home remodels have begun to focus on customization. This trend applies to cabinetry as well. Instead of buying an entertainment center or bookshelf from the superstore down the street, homeowners are opting for custom built-ins. It not only increases the value of the home, but also makes the space feel personal.
- Decorative Range Hoods over Stoves:
- Range hoods used to be the ugly, chunk of metal that was necessary but visually unappealing. Not anymore. Range hoods come in all different styles and colors, and can add a wonderful accent to any kitchen. Whether your taste is sleek and modern, or rustic and ornate, there is a hood that matches it.